There are quite a few variations to this recipe. I don't make very many recipes more than once, but I definitely make variations of this recipe a few times a year. It's my favorite cabbage recipe. I found this recipe in Boise Schools Presents: A Collection of Culinary Delights, courtesy of Judy Shipman. The only thing I did differently is add some soy sauce to the dressing. I'll post it as written, but in my opinion the soy sauce is the key to the entire dressing. Serving size is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons almonds, slivered
- 6 ounces ramen noodles (2 packages, any flavor)
- 4 -5 green onions, diced
- 1 head Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 1Combine sesame seeds, almonds, and ramen noodles (make sure you crumble the noodles first).
- 2Pat in flat pan and toast in oven until light brown, stirring often.
- 3Mix dressing ingredients in order listed (sugar down to ramen seasoning packets).
- 4Put cabbage and onions in large bowl.
- 5Add noodles, then add dressing and mix.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ramen noodle soup base