Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
We had this at a dinner party a couple weeks ago and everyone loved it. I really don't like using the ramen noodle seasoning packet but the flavor of this salad was incredible. It does make a lot of salad so I guess you really don't end up eating enough seasoning to worry about.
- 1 head napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped (white and green part)
- 2 packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, save one of the seasoning packets and throw one away
- 1⁄2 cup slivered onion
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (can use substitute like Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble ramen noodles into butter and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the nuts and seeds and 1 packet of ramen seasoning and mix well then set aside to cool.
- Mix together the cabbage, lettuce and onions and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and dress salad just before serving.
- Add ramen noodles to salad ingredients right before serving.
- Note: there will be more dressing than you probably will need.
I've made this salad twice, and loved it both times. It's very forgiving - the second time I made it I used almonds instead of sesame seeds.
easy and delicious!