Recipe by bernrome
Unlike most Chinese Cabbage Salad recipes, this one doesn't call for Ramen Noodles. If you like them in your salad, though, they can certainly be included. Taste the dressing as it's being prepared. You may want to add a bit more of something, depending on your taste.
Top Review by lesliecoy
Was looking for a quick light dinner and This turned out AWESOME ! ...even if I did forget the Mayo :) I found a great recipe to make Hoisen sauce (which I did not have) ! Topped with some toasted Chow Mein Noodles.
Hubby and I ate the whole thing as a Dinner Salad ! Thanks so much !
Homemade Hoisen Sauce:
4TBSP Soy Sauce (Light), 2TBSP Peanut Butter(I used chunky lite),1TBSP Honey,1/8tsp Garlic powder,2TBSP Sesame Oil,20 drops Chinese Hot Sauce,1/8tsp black pepper - Mix well - will take a bit - but it works !
- 5 cups shredded Chinese cabbage (napa)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sweet peas, cooked, cooled
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger