Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great salad to have around. I like eating this the next day, after the noodles have softened. Great for a main course!
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 1 head chopped lettuce
- 1 head chopped cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, smashed and broken up finely
Dressing(use flavoring from both packets noodles)
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Cube and cook chicken in brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil. Set aside.
- Mix lettuce, cabbage, chicken, noodles and dressing.
THIS IS IT! This is the recipe I used when first it was making the rounds of recipe collectors. I let the chicken become almost blackened in the sugar and soy sauce! When it came time to make the dressing, I used it to deglaze the frying pan. (Of course, make sure not to BURN the chicken!) Thank you, thank you, Babybub! This recipe will now go into my "Too Good to Change a Thing" cookbook. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0