Recipe by Barbara Polowetz
This came from a recent edition of She Knows Low Carb magazine. This is my modification. Less than 5 gm. of carbs per serving. Makes 12 servings.
Top Review by Amy in Hawaii
I added some chopped waterchestnuts for crunch, minced shitake, and 1/2 pound of finely diced shrimp for flavorto the meatballs. I left out the sesame oil because I do not like the taste. But sometimes I will put a tablespoon of oyster sauce in the meatball mix instead and I only use one egg. I have also made this soup with pork stock and also shrimp or bonito (dashi no moto) and added a little soy as well. I have not tried it with hot chili oil but that sounds like a great idea. Thanks for posting
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 -10 cups of canned chicken stock
- 10 slices of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 head bok choy, cut into 1 inch pieces (Chinese cabbage, INCLUDE LEAVES)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork, scallions, ginger, sesame oil, eggs, and sea salt and shape into 35-40 meatballs.
- Boil the chicken stock with the slices of fresh ginger.
- Add the raw meatballs and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and simmer until done, about 10 more minutes.