Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From allrecipes.com, but I need to post it here for safekeeping, because this recipe is amazing! I had to cook my beans longer than I thought to get them soft enough for my taste. So you might give yourself a little more time, depending on how you prefer your beans!
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic, and cook until the edges begin to brown, about 20 seconds.
- Add the green beans; cook and stir until the green beans begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, oyster sauce, and soy sauce.
- Continue cooking and stirring for several minutes until the beans have attained the desired degree of tenderness.
Cooking took a little longer than expected and required constant scraping and stirring to keep the sauce from burning, but finally the beans were crispy-soft and the drippings clung to them. Rich, sweet flavor in just enough sauce to coat the beans: we loved it!
I boil the beans about 3-4 min before adding them to the oil to help soften them up.. absolutely love this recipe!