Recipe by Chill
This is the real deal, just like at the all you can eat Chinese buffets. I found it on a web site called blogchef.net and Bobby is the poster. I tried it and it is so wonderful, I know you are going to love it!!! I put it at two servings, but there probably is enough for three, but heck why not load up the plate (don't share!!)
Top Review by Kathryn S.
This was not at all like the Chinese Buffet Black Pepper Chicken I have tasted. Don't waste your time and ingredients on this one. It was terrible! The oyster sauce was overpowering. I cook a great deal and I ended up throwing most of it away.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch (for dusting)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sake or 1 teaspoon rice wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" cubes and dust pieces with cornstarch.
- Dry fry chicken in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and stir fry onion for a few minutes, then add the peas and carrots and stir fry for another few minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the veggies and heat until warm, then add the chicken and fully coat with the sauce.
- Serve with rice.
- Enjoy and thank Bobby for this great recipe!