Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the real deal, just like at the all you can eat Chinese buffets. I found it on a web site called blogchef.net and Bobby is the poster. I tried it and it is so wonderful, I know you are going to love it!!! I put it at two servings, but there probably is enough for three, but heck why not load up the plate (don't share!!)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch (for dusting)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sake or 1 teaspoon rice wine
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" cubes and dust pieces with cornstarch.
- Dry fry chicken in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and stir fry onion for a few minutes, then add the peas and carrots and stir fry for another few minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the veggies and heat until warm, then add the chicken and fully coat with the sauce.
- Serve with rice.
- Enjoy and thank Bobby for this great recipe!
This was not at all like the Chinese Buffet Black Pepper Chicken I have tasted. Don't waste your time and ingredients on this one. It was terrible! The oyster sauce was overpowering. I cook a great deal and I ended up throwing most of it away.
This did not taste anything like the black pepper chicken at my local chinese buffet. I double checked to make sure I used the right ingredients, and I did. I used Sake and not rice wine because it was very hard to find. Nobody ate it, but I guess it was worth a try.
An incredibly delicious recipe! I never figured it would be as good as that I had tasted at the buffet, but this is even better. I had no white pepper, so I used all black pepper. I think I will add some bell pepper strips next time, too. Thank you so much, Chill!