Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- slurry soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and sesame oil
- Stir fry sprouts in hot oil with garlic, onion and ginger until nearly done (about 3 min.). Mix slurry ingredients together and add to sprouts. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Serve hot with Char Siu Ribs and Steamed Rice.
This recipe was really quite amazing....and I'm not exactly a vegetable lover, but I'm trying. The only thing I would suggest is to perhaps sautee the onions a bit on their own to soften before adding the Sprouts. With the danger being over-cooking the Sprouts and smelling the punge, my onions didn't soften enough and I ended up with an unsettled stomach all night. It was only the onions - not the recipe!! I will definitely be making these again - thank you!
The recipe makes a nice stir fry but you didn't give any measurements for the slurry. I used 1 tsp. of each and it turned to a mushy paste when I added it to the recipe. I wound up scrapping most of it off. I'm giving it 4 stars because the basic recipe is good. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game.
Great brussels sprouts! The soy/ginger/garlic combination was great with this. Ready in a flash too - can't beat that! I was generous with the crushed red pepper and might add some sesame seeds too next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!