Recipe by AudreyBG
I love this recipe and could eat it at least once a week! I think it tastes very close to the brown sauce that is served in Chinese restaurants. I have made it with and without the veggies with great success.
Top Review by tammy.online
I thought this was very good. I doubled the sauce but doubling the corn starch wasn't enough to thicken the sauce so next time, I'll increase that too. I think some fresh ginger would make it taste more like the restaurant.
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts (or boneless pork chops)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- peas (stir fry veggies of your choice)
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil.
- Remove from pan and add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 cup chicken broth.
- Stir to mix and return chicken to pan and cover.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is done (15-20 minutes).
- Remove chicken again and add remaining broth, which has been mixed with cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil to thicken and return chicken to the pan, coating it well.