Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a delicious dish. It makes a wonderful sauce and is great served over rice. It can be easily made for a gluten-free diet.
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce (if you use gluten-free, this dish is gluten-free)
- 3 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, caps only
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved &skinned
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix sauce ingredients and reserve.
- (Note: You can blanch the vegetables with one slice of ginger before stir-frying. I did not.).
- Heat wok over high heat, add peanut oil and heat. Add whole garlic to oil and turn over when brown, removing when both sides are brown and oil has been infused with flavor.
- Add minced ginger, garlic, and salt, stirring briefly. As garlic turns light brown, add mushroom caps and broccoli, stir frying for up to two minutes.
- Create space in center of wok for sauce, stir sauce to make sure cornstarch hasn’t clumped, and pour inches
- Mix ingredients as sauce thickens, remove from heat, put in serving dish and enjoy with rice.