Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another different way to serve up broccoli, with an asian twist.
- 750 g fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cm ginger
- 1⁄3 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Cut broccoli into small flowerets.
- Put oil, water chestnuts, peeled and grated ginger and lemon rind into frying pan, simmer until ginger is sizzling.
- Add broccoli, toss gently in hot oil for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sherry, water and crumbled stock cube.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer covered for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is just cooked (still slightly crisp).
- Remove vegetables from pan, put onto serving plate.
- Increase heat and boil remaining liquid in pan until reduced by half, spoon over broccoli.
A great alternative way to serve broccoli. Fast and yummy.
GREAT tasting dish! I had to cook the broccoli quite a bit longer than 5 min to soften it, and there wasn't enough liquid and I had to add more. Otherwise, great recipe. Served this with Recipe #254255 and Recipe #96008. Thanks!
Excellent side dish to your next Chinese meal! Goes great with Fried Rice (Chow Fun)#8224 and Crockpot Kowloon Chicken #17079. Thanks Sueie!