Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another different way to serve up broccoli, with an asian twist.
- 750 g fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cm ginger
- 1⁄3 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Cut broccoli into small flowerets.
- Put oil, water chestnuts, peeled and grated ginger and lemon rind into frying pan, simmer until ginger is sizzling.
- Add broccoli, toss gently in hot oil for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sherry, water and crumbled stock cube.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer covered for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is just cooked (still slightly crisp).
- Remove vegetables from pan, put onto serving plate.
- Increase heat and boil remaining liquid in pan until reduced by half, spoon over broccoli.
A great alternative way to serve broccoli. Fast and yummy.
GREAT tasting dish! I had to cook the broccoli quite a bit longer than 5 min to soften it, and there wasn't enough liquid and I had to add more. Otherwise, great recipe. Served this with Ground Beef Chow Mein and Shrimp Egg Foo Yong (Low Carb and Low Fat). Thanks!
Excellent side dish to your next Chinese meal! Goes great with Fried Rice (Chow Fun)#8224 and Crockpot Kowloon Chicken #17079. Thanks Sueie!