Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From one of my Chinese cookbooks. It's in Chinese, so some measurements are a little general. It's pretty simple, and what can be better than chicken and ginger on a cold day?
- 1⁄2 chicken, cut into chunks
- 300 g chestnuts
- 2 stalks green onions
- 2 slices ginger (1/4" each)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese white rice wine
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- Boil chestnuts, remove skins.
- Saute onions and ginger in oil, add chicken.
- Add soy sauce, salt, sugar, wine and water, braise over medium heat till half done (about 15 minutes).
- Add chestnuts, continue to braise until done.