- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- 1 lb lean beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup duck broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 6 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles in salted boiling water just until tender; drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Cut the beef into very thin slices.
- Mix together the garlic, salt, ginger, and five-spice powder, and add the mixture to the beef; mix.
- Heat the oil and saute the beef over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce and broth, and add it to the beef; bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining 4 tsp water, stir into the beef and cook until smooth and thick.
- Add noodles, mix well and heat thoroughly.
- Add the green onions, and stir for another minute.
- Serve immediately.