Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty chinese beef.
- 1 lb flank steak, cut across the grain into strips 3-inches long and 1/2-inch wide
- 1⁄2 cup anise hyssop, florets chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Combine flank steak with chopped herb, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sherry.
- Marinate for several hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserving any remaining sauce.
- Heat wok or large skillet, add oil and stir-fry meat quickly over medium-high heat till brown.
- Add chicken broth and remaining marinade and heat through.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring till thickened.