Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
My kids favorite on a rainy day!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, boiled in water till tender 1 hour (kamto)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, julienned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons anisado wine
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 piece cinnamon bark
- Cube the boiled kamto to bite size pieces.
- Saute ginger in oil.
- Add in the cubed kamto.
- Pour 2 cups of the stock that you boiled the meat inches.
- Add the oyster sauce, salt, wine, soy, cinnamon bark and sesame oil.
- Let it simmer till flavors incorporate.
- Season to taste.
- Simmer till meat becomes very tender and the sauce is absorbed.
- Great with heaping hot rice!
Really delicious! I used a chuck roast that I cubed, and added carrots and water chestnuts near the end. Garnished with green onions. The reviewer's suggestion to make this into a soup sounds like a good idea, think I will try that next!
5 star all the way! love it with jasmine rice!
Great recipe, We have been making this for years now, but we added more stock and noodles to make it beef noodle soup! Good comfort food on a rainy day.