Old time recipe I've had for years. This recipe does not have eggs in it and uses ground beef.<><
- In a large skillet, cook the rice in oil over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown.( About 7 minutes.).
- Add salt, water, bouillon and soy sauce.
- Cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes.
- Brown ground beef. Drain.
- Stir meat, onions, celery and green pepper into rice.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
This is a good and easy recipe. The browning of the rice till golden gives it a great flavor. I also like to use leftover roast beef in place of the hamburger.