Top Review by Chicagopm
This was too salty for my tastes. Also, the sauce was very dark (molasses colored) - much darker than what I'm used to. I had to add more water to the cornstarch than the 2 T shown in the recipe (it was closer to 4 T) because it was so thick that I couldn't stir it. The addition of a little ginger made a nice flavor. The next time I make this I will go easier on the soy sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 can beef consomme (10 1/2 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 7 ounces frozen pea pods, partly thaw
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice flank steak diagonally across the grain.
- Combine strips in crockpot with consomme, soy sauce, ginger and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
- Turn control to high.
- Stir in cornstarch that has been dissolved in cold water.
- Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Drop in pea pods the last 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.