Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I cut this recipe out of a magazine years ago.
Make and share this Chinese Beef 'n Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb round steak (1/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, sliced diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 2 cups broccoli (1 inch pieces)
- 2 cups chopped celery (one inch pieces)
- 2 cups chopped green peppers (1 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of onion soup or 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- Freeze meat and remove to make slicing easier.
- Slice into long thin strips.
- Cook carrots and onion with garlic and giner for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add rest of vegetables.
- Cook 2 mins til tender.
- Remove vegetables.
- Add beef.
- Cook until slightly browned.
- Add soup, water and soya.
- Heat, stirring.
- Add vegetables.
- Serve over rice.