Recipe by MsPia
I got this recipe from Recipe4Living.com It is a Crockpot Contest Winner.
Top Review by IngridH
I'm sorry to say that this really didn't work for me. First, there is WAY too much liquid in the recipe. I cut it by 4 while doubling the beef, and there was still too much. Also, the flavor was fairly one-dimensional. I tasted ginger and soy, not much else. I'm sorry- I really wanted to like this since I really enjoy the ingredients; but it needs to be reworked to be a winner.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 4 slices gingerroot, about inch thick each
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 -2 small boiling onions
- 1 cup mushroom, halved
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn, uncrushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized stainless steel pot mix garlic, water, sugar, soy sauces, Sherry, lemon juice and ginger and bring to a boil. Let cool, place in 4 quart round crockpot crock pot. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add sesame oil and brown meat on all sides. Add meat to the crock pot and Looing sauce. Add onions, mushrooms, Bell pepper and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Ladle on top of rice.