Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An interesting recipe for beef and broccoli that I found online.
- 3⁄4 lb lean beef, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets, removed slice on the diagonal into thin slices
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Slice beef.
- Mix together egg, salt, cooking wine, cornstarch and water, this will be your marinade for the beef.
- Add marinade to beef and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to beef, mix in thoroughly, and marinate beef for another 30 minutes.
- While beef is marinating, prepare the vegetables. Heat a frying pan and add 1 cup of oil. Add beef and stir-fry until it is nearly cooked.
- Remove beef and set aside on a plate. Drain the frying pan and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Bring the water to a boil and add the broccoli. Cover and cook until broccoli is cooked through. Drain the pan.
- Heat pan and add oil (about 2 tablespoons). Add the garlic and fry for about 1 minute, then add vegetables and beef; mix together.
- In a bowl mix the oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and chicken broth, this will be your sauce mixture.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and add the sauce mix.
- Add cornstarch, stirring to thicken.
- Mix sauce together with other ingredients. Serve hot.