Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Thinly slice beef on the diagonal (for easy slicing,place meat in the freezer until slightly frozen);place in a snug-fitting bowl.
- Combine soy sauce,sherry,garlic,and black pepper;pour over meat,tossing to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours.
- In a large skillet or wok,heat oil.
- Add green pepper and onion saute for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water.
- Add beef and marinate.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Reduce heat and simmer,covered for 8 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water.
- Stir into mixture in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges; add to skillet;stir gently.
- Cover and simmer, just until tomatoes are hot,about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice with scallions,if desired.
We tried this made up enough for 4 persons. There are only 2 of use and we ate the lot.
This was a easy and tasty dish. There were only two of us so we had leftovers. It didn't reheat so well as I had hoped. The tomatoes didn't fair to well in the reheat but the rest still had a pretty good flavor. Thanks Dancer. Bullwinkle
I made this for my boyfriends birthday. Doubled the recipe. We had friends and family round and every1 loved it!!!!!!