- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb round steak
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canbeef consomme' soup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch green onion (about 8)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 7 ounces frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine steak in crock pot with the consommé, soy sauce, ginger, and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours. Turn control to high.
- Stir in cornstarch that has been dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- During last five minutes of cooking, add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and pea pods.
- Serve over hot rice.