7 hrs 10 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Crock pot casserole with Chinese pea pods and beef round steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb round steak
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme' soup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch green onion (about 8)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 7 ounces frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
- 1Combine steak in crock pot with the consommé, soy sauce, ginger, and onion.
- 2Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours. Turn control to high.
- 3Stir in cornstarch that has been dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- 4Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- 5During last five minutes of cooking, add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and pea pods.
- 6Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Beef and Pea Pods
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 722.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: