Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite stir-fry recipes. It is from the Harrowsmith Cookbook Volume Number 1.
- 453.59 g round steak
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 1 large onion
- 1 head broccoli
- 44.37 ml oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 thin slice ginger
- 44.37-59.16 ml bottled oyster sauce
- 0.25 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- Slice steak very thinly. Place in a bowl with soy sauce, cornstarch and a few drops of water. Mix well and set aside.
- Slice onion very thinly. Cut broccoli into small pieces and steam until partly cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot. Add garlic and ginger. Cook 1 minute, then remove. Add meat and stir fry until meat sweats, then add onion and broccoli. Stir fry until vegetables are crispy tender.
- Stir in oyster sauce, a pinch of brown sugar, salt and 1/2 cup of cold water with 1 Tblsp cornstarch dissolved in it. Stir and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice.
Great recipe! Iused 5 green onions rather than one medium onion and it was delicious! Thanks for submitting.