Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite stir-fry recipes. It is from the Harrowsmith Cookbook Volume Number 1.
- 1 lb round steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large onion
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 thin slice ginger
- 3 -4 tablespoons bottled oyster sauce
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Slice steak very thinly. Place in a bowl with soy sauce, cornstarch and a few drops of water. Mix well and set aside.
- Slice onion very thinly. Cut broccoli into small pieces and steam until partly cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot. Add garlic and ginger. Cook 1 minute, then remove. Add meat and stir fry until meat sweats, then add onion and broccoli. Stir fry until vegetables are crispy tender.
- Stir in oyster sauce, a pinch of brown sugar, salt and 1/2 cup of cold water with 1 Tblsp cornstarch dissolved in it. Stir and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice.
Great recipe! Iused 5 green onions rather than one medium onion and it was delicious! Thanks for submitting.