Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Tasty Oriental Dish.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (can substitute 1 Tbs. orange or pineapple juice with a dash of vinegar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Slice the steak against the grain into very thin slices.
- Combine the soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch and pour this mixture over the steak.
- Marinate the meat for 15 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, slice the broccoli at a diagonal and mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan for 30 seconds, add oil, wait about 20 seconds, and add minced garlic and ginger root. Fry over high heat, stirring constantly for about 20 seconds more, then add the beef.
- Stir-fry, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add broccoli and stir-fry for another 4 to 6 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked but still crisp and still dark green.
- Serve hot. This is low in carbohydrates.
Wow! This recipe was really delicious, and very easy. It tastes exactly like what you might order in a restaurant. Thank you, all enjoyed it.
I am always looking for good chinese recipes and this is one of them! It is a must!
I used pineapple-orange juice blend instead of the sherry, and doubled the amount of sauce. I also used 2 cups of fresh broccoli instead of frozen. Very good and simple recipe - have made it twice now. My boyfriend requested I make it again after I made it the first time. Good and easy enough to be a "regular".