Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good stuff, I like making this. If you want it to be healthier, skip the deep fry step, and simply stir fry the beef in oil.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 large green onions
- Coat the beef in cornstarch and mix with the ingredients except the green onions.
- Sautee the garilc and ginger in the 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil (about 2 to three minutes).
- Put the rest in the skillet and cook.
This was DELICIOUS! I used ground ginger, because I didn't have fresh, and added some steamed veggies at the end to the sauce. I sauted instead deep fried and next time I make it, I will use less sugar to make it a bit healthier. I would also recommend adding 1 TBS of cornstarch to the water before mixing it in with the rest of the ingredients. It thickens the sauce a bit. Great recipe. I have been dying for a good sauce for beef chinese dishes.