Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simplified dye-free version of Chinese BBQ pork.
- 2 lbs pork
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- peanut oil or sesame oil
- Slice pork into strips about 2 inches wide by 5 inches long.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the pork strips and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Add a rack to a roasting pan and fill with water to just below the rack. Remove pork from marinade and line the strips neatly in the roasting pan. Do not discard marinade.
- Place pan in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Reduce temperate to 325F and roast for another 30-40 minutes, turning and basting frequently with the remaining marinade or with peanut or sesame oil.
- Let meat rest for 10 minutes. Then cut into bite sized pieces and serve.