Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6. Prep time does not include marinating overnight.
- 2 lbs pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 1⁄2 slices ginger, minced
- 3 red onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cooking wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- In a large container, combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the pork into long 1 1/2" round pieces.
- Marinate pork in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 360°F
- Using a baking tray, place aluminum foil on the tray and place pork pieces on top of the aluminum.
- Cook for pork 45 minutes.
- Turn pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from oven and cut into 1/8 slices. Serve with sesame seed and mustard.
These were great!! Loved the sauce they marinated in and they were just like I think of chinese pork. Perfect. I could see mixing these into fried rices too. Thank you so much!! I will be making these over and over.Made for The Xtra Hot Dishes of ZWT6.