Recipe by one_of_t2
I recently rediscovered this recipe from years gone by. It is easy to make and delicious. Prep time includes 1 hour to marinate. Adapted from the Joy of Woking.
Top Review by jjjjjoy
I tried this tonight when I found myself with a pork loin and nothing to do with it. It was very easy and very delicious! Even my two year old loved it. I had everything on hand to make it except the five-spice and I added a bit of chili sauce to it. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 lbs boneless lean pork
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except the pork) in a bowl large enough for the pork and set aside.
- Trim pork to remove visible fat.
- Slice into thin (1/8") slices.
- Add pork to sauce and stir to cover meat.
- Marinate at least 1 hour, but can sit in fridge overnight.
- Place pork with its marinade in an ovenproof dish.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Tip: sauce is very good. Consider making extra and serve with rice.