Recipe by jeniwan
This is wonderful served simply with some steamed rice... or you can use this to make some yummy steamed buns!
Top Review by LuckyMomof3
This was great and simple too. I must mention that I used a butterfly chop (had no shoulder) and only marinated for 4 hrs but it was still so yummy! I can't wait to try it done overnite with shoulder. Thx for the post. P.S. I used it in Pork Lo Mein, YUM!
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork shoulder, cut into 8 inch x 2 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch strips
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate the pork overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and place marinated pork on a rack over a roasting pan filled with 1 cup of water. Bake for 20 minutes, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Turn and bake another 20 minutes.
- Take pan out of oven, switch oven to broil. Baste both sides of pork with basting sauce and broil for 1 minute on each side.
- Let pork cool and cut into thin slices.
- Serve hot or cold. Keep in tightly sealed container in refrigerator or in freezer if not served right away.