Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is wonderful served simply with some steamed rice... or you can use this to make some yummy steamed buns!
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork shoulder, cut into 8 inch x 2 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch strips
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate the pork overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and place marinated pork on a rack over a roasting pan filled with 1 cup of water. Bake for 20 minutes, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Turn and bake another 20 minutes.
- Take pan out of oven, switch oven to broil. Baste both sides of pork with basting sauce and broil for 1 minute on each side.
- Let pork cool and cut into thin slices.
- Serve hot or cold. Keep in tightly sealed container in refrigerator or in freezer if not served right away.
This was great and simple too. I must mention that I used a butterfly chop (had no shoulder) and only marinated for 4 hrs but it was still so yummy! I can't wait to try it done overnite with shoulder. Thx for the post. P.S. I used it in Pork Lo Mein, YUM!