Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Penzey's Spices submitted by Christine Simmerman. This has become my favorite bbq sauce for chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and did not cut them in strips, just put them on the grill over indirect heat. Very moist and the flavor was wonderful!
- 1 lb chicken thigh (boneless, skinless or can use breasts )
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut the chicken pieces into long thin strips, 3-4 per piece.
- In a large bowl or zip top bag, combine the soy sauce, ginger, hoisin sauce, white pepper, and garllic.
- Place 2 TB of the marinade in a small covered bowl.
- Refrigerate until it is time to cook the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the remaining marinade in the bag, toss until well coated, push the air out of bag and seal.
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes - a few hours is nice and overnight even better.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from marinade.
- Discard the marinade and skewer the chicken using a weaving method with the skewer.
- Place on foil-lined cookie sheets in a single layer,.
- Bakefor 15-25 minutes.
- Flip halfway through and baste with the reserved marinade.
- You can grill for approximately 10 minutes on each side instead of using the oven.
This is my recipe! I appreciate you giving me credit for it. I googled myself, and found this! Please read my info and come join me on my blog. Penzeys was unable to mention it in the catalog. I am so glad you enjoy this recipe!!!