Recipe by 55tbird
From Penzey's Spices submitted by Christine Simmerman. This has become my favorite bbq sauce for chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and did not cut them in strips, just put them on the grill over indirect heat. Very moist and the flavor was wonderful!
Top Review by ftchefwannabe
This is my recipe! I appreciate you giving me credit for it. I googled myself, and found this! Please read my info and come join me on my blog. Penzeys was unable to mention it in the catalog. I am so glad you enjoy this recipe!!!
- 1 lb chicken thigh (boneless, skinless or can use breasts )
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken pieces into long thin strips, 3-4 per piece.
- In a large bowl or zip top bag, combine the soy sauce, ginger, hoisin sauce, white pepper, and garllic.
- Place 2 TB of the marinade in a small covered bowl.
- Refrigerate until it is time to cook the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the remaining marinade in the bag, toss until well coated, push the air out of bag and seal.
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes - a few hours is nice and overnight even better.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from marinade.
- Discard the marinade and skewer the chicken using a weaving method with the skewer.
- Place on foil-lined cookie sheets in a single layer,.
- Bakefor 15-25 minutes.
- Flip halfway through and baste with the reserved marinade.
- You can grill for approximately 10 minutes on each side instead of using the oven.