Recipe by lazyme
From Pillsbury Easy Chinese Cooking, these ribs can be baked or grilled.
Top Review by teresas
I'm giving these 5 stars because I know the flavor is great but my cooking technique needed improvement. I had problems with my grill so cooked them in the oven. I hate doing that because they just don't "look like bbq ribs" when I make them that way. I just basted them until I ran out like a lot of the other reviewers did. These will be made again and on the grill next time, I promise. I served them with recipe #254759 and recipe #371575 for a yummy dinner. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 4 lbs pork spareribs, 6-inch sections
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill directions:.
- Heat grill.
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients except spareribs; mix well.
- Set aside.
- When ready to grill, place spareribs 6 to 8 inches from medium coals.
- Brush with sauce.
- Cover; cook 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is tender and starts to pull away from bone, brushing frequently with additional sauce.
- To serve, cut ribs apart carefully with knife and arrange on platter.
- Heat any remaining sauce to a boil; serve with ribs.
- Oven directions:.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare sauce as directed above.
- Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; place wire rack in pan.
- Place ribs on wire rack, meaty side up; brush with sauce.
- Bake at 350ºF for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender, brushing frequently with additional sauce.
- Continue as directed above.