Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
These are easy, tasty, juicy and tender.
- 4 lbs meaty pork spareribs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon hot Chinese chili paste (I use sambal oelek or toban djan)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cut the ribs in pieces about 4" long, then cook in simmering water for 45 minutes- this removes excess fat and tenderizes the meat.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients for the marinade.
- Place the ribs in the marinade and leave for at least one hour, but preferably overnight, in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook the ribs, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the ribs on a rack situated over a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, before turning the ribs and brushing with some of the excess marinade.
- Bake a further 10- 15 minutes.
- Alternatively cook on the barbecue, 10- 15 minutes each side.