Chinese Barbecued Duck Soup
- Remove all the meat from the duck carcass reserving the bones. I remove as much fat as I can, and most of the skin, however the skin is really tasty so I like a bit of it in there. Shred the meat and refrigerate.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan, then add the bones, garlic, ginger, coriander sprigs, lime rind and chillies. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for an hour.
- Strain and return stock to the saucepan.
- Add the shredded meat, baby bok choy and brocolli to the stock, bring to the boil and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the noodles according to directions (mine had boiling water poured over them, then stood for 30 seconds before being drained).
- Divide noodles between 4 bowls, top with bean shoots.
- Squeeze lime juice into soup, ladle the soup into the bowls and top with fresh coriander.