Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so nice, you'll come back for more and more! These aren't spicy, but a little chilli could be added for those who like it HOT! :)
- 1 kg chicken piece
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons char siu sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut the "fatty" pieces off the chicken pieces, and sit aside.
- Combine oil, sauces and spices in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, toss to cover.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours (stirring occasionally).
- Place chicken in a single layer on oiled wire-rack, set on a large baking dish. (Place a layer of baking paper on bottom of baking dish to catch marinade). Brush remaining marinade on chicken pieces.
- Roast in hot oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.