Recipe by Kana K.
This is an old school deli "chinese chicken" recipe. Ultimately you wanna grill it but, I have put oven directions below.
- 2 frying chickens, cut into 16 pieces
For the marinade
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle Heinz ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (a gravy base)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons garlic (crushed or chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
For Basting sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup Heinz ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Chinese duck sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix everything except chicken and basting sauce.
- Add chicken making sure all pieces are well coated, cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- For the basting sauce mix orange juice, lemon juice, pineapple juice and pour mixture into saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add honey, ketchup, duck sauce and mix thoroughly, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade and.
- discard excess marinade, place in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and brush chicken with basting sauce and broil for 5 minutes until chicken browns on top.
- Turn pieces over and brush again with basting sauce and brown other side.