1/1 Photo of Chinese Barbecued Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
Kana Kahuna's Note:
This is an old school deli "chinese chicken" recipe. Ultimately you wanna grill it but, I have put oven directions below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 frying chickens, cut into 16 pieces
For the marinade
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle Heinz ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (a gravy base)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons garlic (crushed or chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For Basting sauce
- 1In a large bowl, thoroughly mix everything except chicken and basting sauce.
- 2Add chicken making sure all pieces are well coated, cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- 3For the basting sauce mix orange juice, lemon juice, pineapple juice and pour mixture into saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Add honey, ketchup, duck sauce and mix thoroughly, set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Remove chicken pieces from marinade and.
- 7discard excess marinade, place in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Turn oven to broil and brush chicken with basting sauce and broil for 5 minutes until chicken browns on top.
- 9Turn pieces over and brush again with basting sauce and brown other side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Barbecued Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.4
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 3196.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 47.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: