Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Based on a recipe from Bon Appetit's March 1989 issue, in the Cooking for Friends, section. Prep and cook times do not include the 4 hours to overnight marination. These could not be easier or more tasty. They do it for me! They're great!
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lbs pork baby back ribs
- In medium bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients.
- Set ribs in large baking pan. Pour marinade over, turning to coat ribs. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Transfer ribs to a single layer on shallow baking pan. Bake 30 minutes. Turn ribs over and baste with marinade. Bake an additional 35 minutes, or until tender, basting 1/2 way through.
- Serve hot.
DH loves ribs and these get the thumbs up! Only a slight change, I increased the ginger to 1 tbsp. Making again this weekend for pot luck dinner. Made for ZWT 6.
My family really wasn't impressed. I thought there was too much hoisin sauce in it and it wasn't baked nearly as much as it should have
Excellent flavor! I marinated the ribs overnight. This was very easy to make and the cook time was right on. I'll make this often. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.