Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sticky, fast, and delicious from Lillian Chou and Gourmet.
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 lbs baby back ribs (2 to 4 racks)
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle. Line a 17- by 12- by 1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Purée ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and oil in a blender, then transfer to a bowl and whisk in hoisin sauce and honey. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce and coat ribs with remainder.
- Arrange ribs, meaty sides down, in pan and bake, turning and basting once with some of reserved sauce halfway through baking, until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Turn on broiler. Brush ribs, meaty sides up, with remaining sauce. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until edges are lightly charred, 4 to 8 minutes.
This was really good! The only changes I made were substituting sesame oil for vegetable oil and adding a tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds when whisking in the honey and hoisin sauce. A definite keeper!
Delicious! I bought ribs at the supermarket, but when I got home I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with them. The recipe sounded good and easy, and it really was. The smell was amazing, and I love the combo of honey and hoisin sauce with pork. The ginger and garlic added to it without being overpowering. My DH's only complaint was that there wasn't anymore! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious recipe for ribs. Made this with friends for July 4th get together and they were a big hit. Loved the flavors and the sauce. Thanks for the great recipe. ZWT4 for my Babes. Family Picks.