Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
This recipe was printed in our paper,it's a little different than regular BBQ sauce,it has good old Tennessee Whiskey in it.Any kind of whiskey can be used though.
- 1 cup tennessee whiskey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except 2 tbsp of the orange juice and the cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes,stir occasionally.
- Mix cornstarch with remaning 2 tbsp of orange juice until smooth,stir into sauce.
- Increase temperature to medium high.
- Bring to a boil,stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Brush sauce on grilled chicken,steak or fish during last 5 minutes of grilling.