Recipe by javagirl81
This is the exact sauce that you use when you want some real Chinese ribs. Also can be used as a marinade for boneless pork, which goes PERFECTLY in roast pork fried rice!
- 5 -6 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (low-sodium works too-)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 teaspoons red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl,( or a jar with a tight fitting lid), until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- *You can set aside some for use as a dipping sauce, but you must first bring it to a full rolling boil, over med. heat, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer until it is thick, and slightly reduced.
- **When you are ready to cook, marinate meat for 4-24 hours, turning once every two hours. You then grill or broil the meat until it is cooked through,(and slightly charred- this adds to the flavor!).