Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made this last night very authentic tasting dish.
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced gingerroot
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 lbs baby back ribs (2 to 4 racks)
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle. Line a 17- by 12- by 1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Purée ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and oil in a blender, then transfer to a bowl and whisk in hoisin sauce and honey. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce and coat ribs with remainder.
- Arrange ribs, meaty sides down, in pan and bake, turning and basting once with some of reserved sauce halfway through baking, until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Turn on broiler. Brush ribs, meaty sides up, with remaining sauce. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until edges are lightly charred, 4 to 8 minutes.