Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a tasty way to enjoy Chinese Barbecued Pork from home
- 2 lbs boneless pork butt (can use country style boneless ribs)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- Cut pork into strips, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- Combine garlic, sugar, salt, sherry, soy sauce, honey, five-spice, and food coloring.
- Pour over meat and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove meat from marinade and roast in a 325' oven for 1-1/2 hours basting frequently with the marinade and drippings.
Good recipe but I felt the pork was too salty. Next time, I plan to either use low sodium soy sauce or omit the extra salt. Also, I will likely add more honey or sugar.
This is an excellent recipe. Couldn't be easier! I thought it might be a little salty at first, but when I used it as a filling for Martin Yans GoldentChinese Buns, Martin Yan's Golden Chinese Baked Buns (Baos) which are slighty sweet, it was a perfect combination! Everyone loved them and I will be making this often. I was hoping I would hae some leftover to add to stir fried rice, but, I used it all. I will try next time ;-) Thanks somuch for sharing this recipe, it is exactly what I've been looking for!