Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Spicy, sweet, easy, and delicious. I've been making this for over 20 years and have always gotten raves. You can substitute chicken breasts if you prefer.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce
- Cut up whole chicken; dust with flour, salt and pepper; brown in skillet; arrange in greased baking dish.
- Combine water, vinegar, brown sugar, worchestershire sauce, mustard and hot sauce in a saucepan and cook until simmering.
- Pour over chicken in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 to 60 minutes.
This was very good. My eight year old who doesn't care all that much for any kind of meat loved it, so it's definitely a keeper :)
Wonderful. Sweet and spicy. A definite recipe I will repeat.