Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an excellent recipe! Such a flavourful way to prepare chicken. Great with rice or noodles!
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken
- 3 thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup mixed bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 crushed hot red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Place the ginger inside the chicken and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and half the soy sauce. place in large saucepan and leave for half an hour.
- Pour in water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil. cover and simmer for 1 hour until chicken is cooked, let cool and remove from water.
- Pull the chicken to pieces removing the meat from the bones.Cut meat into nice strips. mix with carrot and been sprouts.
- Heat the sesame and vegetable oils in a pan adding seeds and chilies, stir fry until lightly colored.
- Remove from heat and and stir in the sugar, sherry and remaining soy. pour over the chicken and marinate in fridge overnight.
- Serve cold on a serving dish pouring over any remaining marinade.