Recipe by ellie_
Baked spare ribs was adapted from Low-Cholesterol Chinese Cuisine. Prep time includes marinating time. Although the directions are for cooking in the oven, these work equally well on the grill.
- 3 -4 lbs spareribs
- 1 tablespoon preserved bean curd or 1 tablespoon mild miso (available in asian food stores)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut spare ribs into 2" long pieces and put in marinating dish (I use a tuperware marinating dish).
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Marinate for at least one hour or up to 8 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Bake ribs in oven for 30 minutes, turning and brushing with marinade every 10 minutes, or until done.