Recipe by James Craig
This recipe was printed in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper.
Top Review by wittlebit83
I didn't have the scallions or cucumbers (didn't have them) but this was still great. I wanted to use fish to make a chinese flavored dish. This really hit the spot. I used a spicy oil and the chinese hot sauce instead of red peppers.
- 4 (4 ounce) catfish (flounder or perch will work also)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup seeded diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a cup, mix soy sauce, and sesame oil until well combined.
- Set mixture aside.
- Tear off 4-12 inch squares of aluminum foil; Place 1 fish filet on one side of each square.
- Sprinkle each filet evenly with some sliced scallion, diced red pepper, diced cucumber and minced ginger; then drizzle each filet with 1 teaspoon soy sauce mixture.
- Fold foil over filets to make packets and seal edges tightly.
- Place packets on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes.
- Open packets at the table, being careful of steam.