- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 3⁄4-1 lb thinly sliced bacon
- 20 -22 six-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for one hour
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄2 cup plum sauce or 1⁄2 cup Chinese duck sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- LIGHTLY RINSE THE SCALLOPS and drain thoroughly. Slice any very thick ones in half horizontally.
- Heat a broiler or prepare a medium hot fire for grilling.
- Combine the Plum Sauce ingredients and blend well. Cut the strips of bacon in half. Place the scallops in a bowl, ad half the sauce, and toss lightly to coat. Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop and thread onto the bamboo skewers. If broiling the scallops, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the skewered scallops on top. Place the scallops about 3 inches from the heat source and broil or grill, basting with the remaining sauce, for about 8 to 9 minutes on each side, or until the bacon is cooked. Serve hot.