Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From another website, www.dianaskitchen.com. A light veggie side dish with an Asian flair.
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 236.59 ml green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 396.89 g can baby corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 44.37 ml water
- 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml vinegar (optional)
- In a one-quart microwavable casserole, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch, sesame oil and vinegar.
- Stir to coat well, cover and microwave on high heat 4 to 5 minutes; stir once halfway through cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the corstarch with 1 tablespoon of water, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch completely.
- Add it to the vegetable mixture along with the sesame oil and vinegar. Stir well, then cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce is thickened.
Lovely and quick side dish. Seasonings/sauce are just right-don't overwhelm the taste of the veggies. I made it on the stove-and used chicken broth instead of granules. I combinded sauce ingredients in a wok and then added veggies and stir-fried. Needed to add a little more broth this way, but still worked out wonderfully/ Thanks for a great recipe!