Recipe by yogiclarebear
From another website, www.dianaskitchen.com. A light veggie side dish with an Asian flair.
Top Review by little_princess_suzy
Lovely and quick side dish. Seasonings/sauce are just right-don't overwhelm the taste of the veggies. I made it on the stove-and used chicken broth instead of granules. I combinded sauce ingredients in a wok and then added veggies and stir-fried. Needed to add a little more broth this way, but still worked out wonderfully/ Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a one-quart microwavable casserole, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch, sesame oil and vinegar.
- Stir to coat well, cover and microwave on high heat 4 to 5 minutes; stir once halfway through cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the corstarch with 1 tablespoon of water, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch completely.
- Add it to the vegetable mixture along with the sesame oil and vinegar. Stir well, then cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce is thickened.